Welcome to Registration for the 2023 Nova Scotia Provincial Music Festival's virtual component - Classical Guitar, Choral, and Original Composition classes
Registration Deadline: May 12, 11:59 PM
Submission Deadline for Recordings and Scores: May 21, 11:59 PM
If you encounter any difficulty in submitting your files, please contact Martha Healy
- When registering, please enter your pieces in the order that you expect to perform them.
- Except for Choral, Original Composition and Musical Theatre – for all Solo classes, please check the RCM levels required for all Intermediate and Senior/Advanced entries.
- Where there are RCM levels for the pieces that you are singing/playing/performing, please enter them on your Registration form.
- When entering your repertoire accurate spelling, capitalization and punctuation are critical.
- Also, consistent formatting – refer to the guide below:
An die Musik, Robert Schumann
On Music, Ben Moore
Music when soft voices die, Ernest Gold
Wohin – from Die Schönerműllerin (one song from a Song Cycle), Franz Schubert
From Dichterliebe, op 48, Robert Schumann – then list, in order the songs you will be singing from this Song Cycle
“Porgi amor” – from Le Nozze di Figa, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
“Somewhere” – from West Side Story, Leonard Bernstein
From St. Matthew Passion, BMV 244 – “Erbarme dich, Johann Sebastian Bach
Piano/ Instrumental Repertoire:
Nocturne in E-flat Major, op.9, no.2, Frédéric Chopin
String Quartet No. 1 in F Major, op.18, no. 1, Ludwig Van Beethoven
Carnaval, op. 9, Robert Schumann - then list the movements you intend to play. e.g.
II Pierre: Moderato
III Arlequin: Vivo
Sonata No 23 in F Minor, op.57 (Appassionata), Ludwig Van Beethoven - then list the movements you intend to play